Monday 16 February 2009

16. Online database - Blist

I have been looking for a good "free online database" for some time and I think I may have just found the answer - Blist. It is a "free online database"! Unfortunately I have not had time to fully explore the potential, but the page shown here is full of screenshots suggesting that it could serve most of my needs. They describe it as "Whether you use Excel or a database today, blist is the best choice for easily creating and sharing lists on the web." I came across it accidently when somebody was pointing me to information (a comparison of Android phones - see yesterday's blog) which was open for others to view and update. However, many of the examples on the Blist site are little more than Excels. Perhaps if I search a little deeper, I can fine something that shows if it does the real work of a database and is not just Excel in disguise.

Blist

No comments: