Thursday 8 October 2009

08. Open Office for Mac - NeoOffice

As readers know, I have a tendency toward open source software which reflects the social model (available to everybody rather than just those with money) and Windows systems, which is pragmatic rather than preference. (I grew up on Macs and still prefer them.) But I have to be familiar with the needs to users. Hence a lack of Mac software listed. However, I shall try to address that in future!

I have just found out (thanks to Jane Knight) about NeoOffice, a very stable open source Office system that is designed for Macs. Apparently there are over half a million users worldwide. It appears to be available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese.

NeoOffice

No comments: