Monday 18 May 2009

18. The new killer app? - WolframAlpha

Today is the launch of what some suggest will be the next "killer application", the one that will make Google sit up and take note (and maybe try to buy it?). The media has been talking about WolframAlpha for some time, but today is the official launch. So maybe you should not try it today as it may be a little crowded in there! But basically consider it as dyslexia friendly as rather than just give you a list of pages on which you may find the answer to your question, this claims to provide the answer to your question. Now that could be interesting! Obviously I am writing this before the actual launch, so I cannot try it. But I look forward to seeing its answer to "What is dyslexia?" That will tell me if I should ever use it a second time.

WolframAlpha

No comments: