Sunday 17 May 2009

17. Unknown changes

I found it very disturbing recently when suddenly I lost all my bookmarks from my web front page. I would go as far as to say it was distressing. Add to that, I suddenly was being logged out of iGoogle ever time I quit the browser. Yet I had changed nothing. How could this happen?

I am still not sure, but it seems Google may have changed some small things behind the scene (e.g. developers API's - don't worry, I am not sure what it means either!). This accounted for the bookmarks disappearing. My guess on the logout part was that it changes some cookies in my system, but they did not get replaced when they changed their system. This reasoning is because I tried, thanks to hint I finally found, deleting all Google cookies in the cache. This means they would have to be replaced with new cookies. It appears to have cured it. But I am still wondering how many others had the same problem.

It is not that I do not like change (would I do this blog if I didn't!) it is the fact that I had so much problem finding the right words to type into Google to find why my "Google Apps" were no longer working that annoys me!

No comments: